Getting ready to build a website can feel overwhelming. There’s so much to think about, plan for and decide. Let’s make it easy. Let’s break it down into five steps.
- Choose your domain name and get a website host. This first step isn’t too complicated. A bit of keyword research will help you come up with a good domain name.You can register your domain name with your website host or you can register it separately. When choosing a host make sure they’re reliable, fit your budget and offer the features that you need.
- Define the goal or purpose for your website. What do you want the website to accomplish? Why are you creating a website? This step will help ensure each element of your website supports your overall goal.
- Plan your website. In this step, grab a pencil and a piece of paper, or use mind mapping software, and plan your website. What pages will your website have? What keywords will you use on your website? Planning it out on paper will help you maintain consistency. It’ll also help you stay organized. Finally, it’ll help you with the fourth step.
- Decision time – During this step you’ll decide how you’re going to build your website. Will you build it yourself using a software program or design language? Will you outsource the project? Will you use a template? There are pros and cons to each choice. Take time to make the right choice for you and your needs.
- Build your website! If you’ve accomplished the first four steps, this step will be much easier. If you’re outsourcing it then you can hand your plan and goals to your designer. If you’re doing it yourself then you know exactly how to get it done.
Creating your website doesn’t have to feel overwhelming. Breaking the process down into manageable steps will help you make sure everything gets done.
Contact me to learn more about how to create a successful website – one that helps you achieve your business goals and dreams.